GO Software

Gavin Sherlock sherlock at genome.Stanford.EDU
Tue Jul 22 08:24:11 PDT 2003

Hi Jennifer,

For the generic version of GO Term Finder, the answers are:

> 1) Platforms: do they run on unix/linux/mac and
> windows?

It will run on any system which can run Perl, which includes
unix/linux/mac and Windows.

> 2) What language is the programme written in?

Perl

> 3) Is the programme open source?

Yes - it is released under the MIT license, which says:

"Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining
a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the
"Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including
without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish,
distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to
permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to
the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included
in all copies or substantial portions of the Software."

> 4) Is the programme free or is there a charge for
> it's use?

Completely free.

> 5) Is there a web address for each tool where
> system requirements are listed?

Not exactly - the URL (http://search.cpan.org/dist/GO-TermFinder/)
doesn't explicitly say that Perl is required, though most people would
realize that it is, as it's a Perl module ;-)

Cheers,
Gavin

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org