URGENT: GO and YeastGenome sites down this Friday

Mike Cherry cherry at genome.Stanford.EDU
Wed Jul 30 14:56:24 PDT 2003

The computers maintained by the Saccharomyces Genome Database
(Department of Genetics, Stanford University) will be shutdown on
Friday, August 1st to allow relocation to a new computer facility.  The
shutdown will begin at approximately 8:00AM Pacific (that is 11:00AM
New York, 16:00 London, and Saturday 2:00 Tokyo) and will affect the
following sites:

   www.geneontology.org & gocvs.geneontology.org

   www.yeastgenome.org, db.yeastgenome.org, seq.yeastgenome.org, &
pathway.yeastgenome.org

   genome-www.stanford.edu, cellcycle-www.stanford.edu, &
genetics.stanford.edu

The anonymous FTP and CVS servers will be up, but not updated, during
this time.

We cannot predict the exact length of the shutdown, but we will make
every attempt to keep it as short as possible.

The new machine room provides a significant improvement in climate
control, as well as a room-wide backup power supply.  This is a major
milestone for us, the completion of a two year effort for the design
and construction of this new computer facility within the Department of
Genetics.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and we appreciate your understanding.

-Mike

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org