Greetings

Arun A aarunnura at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 25 13:45:29 PDT 2003

Respected Sir,
        Greetings.
        I am pleased to introduce myself as a student of Bharathiar University , Coimbatore, India, doing final year M.Sc.Bioinformatics.I am very interested in the field of bioinformatics, especially in the area of Biosoftware designing, drug designing, molecular modeling, proteomics, Genomics and computational biology.
        I have a good score in my final year M.Sc. Bioinformatics. I have got Goldmedal for the overall achievment in my B.Sc. ComputerScience and Information Technology. I have got many prizes in various intercollege meet. I have got Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research Center(JNCASR), Bangalore, fellowship for Short term research training. I have done a two month summer project at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore,India, under the guidance of Prof.M.R.N.Murthy, Molecular BioPhysics Unit,IISc, Bangalore 12.My project in IISc was computational analysis of Viral Satellite RNA.

        I would very glad to work with your team.I would be a positive addition to your team. I would be very much oblidged if you can provide me with further nformation.I am here by attaching my curriculam vitae for your kind persual. Awaiting a favorable reply. With kind regards.
  Thanking you.

Curriculam Vitae.
Personal Details
Name              Arun Arumugasamy
Email               arunnuraa at rediffmail.com
                        aarunnura at yahoo.com
                        arunnuraa at linuxmail.org

Date Of Birth     29-03-1981
Address for Communication
                        56A, Arisikolvan Street,
                        Sivakasi-626 123,
                        Tamil Nadu,
                        India.
                        +91 4562 - 226496.
Objectives
 To take up challenging research career and be
instrumental in discoveries and improved technology.
Skills
                        Excellent programming skills in Java,VB, Oracle, C++ and C.
                        Good experience with projects in Perl, C, Visual Basic, PVX
                        Proficient on Solaris, Windows (95, 98, NT), Linux  and Unix operating systems.
Educational Qualifications
                        M. Sc., Bioinformatics
                        Dept. of Botany and Bioinformatics,
                        Bharathiar University, Coimbatore.
                        In Progress

                        B.Sc., Computer Science and  Information Technology
                        Dept. of CS & I T, and BCA,
                        Ayya Nadar Janaki Ammal College, Sivakasi
                        Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai
                        Score-82.21%

Awards and Prizes
                         Gold Medal Winner for the overall performance in Under-Graduation awarded by ANJA Educational Trust for Computer Science and Information Technology during 1999-2002.
                         Summer project fellowship by Jawaharlal Nehru Center for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore during the period of two month.
                        First Prize in "System Analysis and Design" in InFox-02at VHNSN college, Virudhunagar.
                        Second Prize in  "Debugging" in InFox-02 at VHNSN College, Virudhunagar.
 Third Prize in "Software Contest -Program Development" in Kurushetraat Vivekanandha College.
Theoretical  Knowledge
  Under-graduation in Computer Science and Information Technology:
                  Principles of Information Technology
                  Digital Principles and Applications
                  Data Structure and Algorithms
                  Computer System and Architecture
                  Mathematics for Computer Science
                  Computer Graphics
                  Micro Processor
                  Introduction to Internet
                  Object Modeling Techniques
                  Data Base Management System
                  Networks and TCP/IP
                  Client/ Server Architecture
                  Internet Programming
                  Management Information System
                  Software Engineering
  Post-graduation in Bioinformatics:
                 Fundamentals of Biological  Systems
                 Fundamentals of  Information Technology
                 Molecular structure  And  Interactions
                 Bio-molecular structure  And  Dynamics
                 Numerical methods and Optimization Techniques
                 Introduction to data base systems
                 Bio-statistics
                 Perspective of biotechnology
                 DNA Chip, Micro Arrays
                 Genomics and Proteomics
                 Relational Data Base Management System
                 Numerical Methods and optimization Techniques
                 Molecular structure and Interaction.
                 Drug Designing.
 Work Experiences
                 Two Month project titled "Computational analysis of  Viral Satellite RNA" in Molecular Biophysics unit, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore Under the guidance of Macromolecular crystallographer Prof, MRN. Murthy, IISC, Bangalore, India.
                 Six-month project in under graduation titled "AUDIO CONFERENCE", a voice communicating system in Visual C++ under the guidance of Mr. Paul Vannan. MCA.
                 Five-month part time Work in Selvam Micro System (P) Ltd - Sivakasi working as a Telecommuter to Mom software (USA) for an accounting package in their own platform (ProVideX) Two Month On the Job (summer) Training in Hardware in LANS Brainwave Automation, Chennai.

Administrative Responsibilities
             Successful Representative for the class in Under-graduation for 2 years.
             Successful Secretary for the association of CYBERONS  in Department of CS & I T, and BCA, Ayya Nadar Janaki Ammal College, Sivakasi for a year.
             Successful NSS leader of Unit 89 under the guidance  of program officer Dr. Sevarkodiyon in Ayya Nadar Janaki Ammal College, Sivakasi for a year .
             Successful NSS leader in SHNV Hr Sec School, Sivakasi under the guidance of Prof. K. Ramdoss in SHNV Hr Sec School, Sivakasi.
Computational Knowledge
             Operating Systems:
                        MS-DOS, WINDOWS'98, NT, UNIX, LINUX, SOLARIS, SGI.
              Programming Languages:
                         COBOL, C (in both Windows and Linux Platform), C++, VC++, JAVA, Perl, CGI, HTML, ProVideX, Java Script and VB Script
             Packages
                        Visual Basic 6.0, MS-Office, Star Office
            DBMS:
                        Oracle 8.0 , Foxpro, MS Access.
             Biological Softwares:
                        Genomic Computer Group (GCG) Package, Rasmol, Swiss PDB viewer, Clustal-X, Clustal W, Modeller, Auto Dock, Chemlite etc

                         I here by declare that all the information furnished above is true to my knowledge.

 A.Arun