linking the function to the process

Evelyn Camon camon at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Jun 26 09:38:56 PDT 2003

Hi,

In the QuickGO browser at the EBI we have a facility that
suggests which GO terms across all the ontologies are annotated in tandem
to another GO term. The concurrent assignment is based on real annotations in the
database.
I think AmiGO are also going to implement such a system using all the GO
Consortium annotations. Kinda like: users who bought this Go term also bought
this one?
eg. DNA binding and nucleus.
There is no formal link between the ontologies but I agree it would be useful
sometimes.

kind regards
Evelyn Camon
(EBI Swiss-Prot GO Annotaion project)