Judith Blake jblake at informatics.jax.org
Thu Jun 26 10:16:13 PDT 2003

Hi Arne,

It was an early decision of the GO group that we would not formally
represent the relationships between function and process.  We understand
that we can organize a set of functions in time and space and describe a
process.  However, for practical purposes, we are focused on the
development of the separate categories of molecular function and biological
process.  We still have a lot of work to do in that area and are
concentrating our efforts there.

I agree with both Midori and Evelyn in that 1) following the curation for
your set of gene products will generate instances of relationship between
function and process and 2) that there are tools that suggest relationships
based on existing curations.  I hope these will be useful to you.

Judy

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org