[GO] Re: MOBY namespaces and the GO xrefs

Jason E. Stewart jason at openinformatics.com
Thu Jun 26 12:25:26 PDT 2003

"Michael Ashburner Genetics" <ma11 at gen.cam.ac.uk> writes:

> Mark - your concern about stability would be to have very few trusted
> people with the privilege of making changes to the cvs.

The problem in MOBY's case is that we don't have a central committee
responsible for being the namespace gestapo - we were hoping we could
allow each organization to register their own namespaces. This would
necessitate having an open commit registry, which seems scary.

Otherwise, we could elect some central committee to handle namespace
requests, and then only they could make the commits. Seems more likely
to work.

Cheers,
jas.

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org