Two useful DAG-Edit questions from Rebecca

John Richter john.richter at aya.yale.edu
Tue Oct 7 09:29:20 PDT 2003

On Tuesday 07 October 2003 7:45 am, Rebecca wrote:

> I'm not having much luck in downloading the layout.xml. At the
> different mirrors I either get a blank page (generally the US mirrors)
> or an error message (on the european mirrors)
>
> 'The requested URL /sourceforge/geneontology/layout.xml was not found on
> this server.'

This seemed to be a problem with the sourceforge file server. I deleted the
file and replaced it, and it is now working properly.

> Also, in the previous DAG-Edit, at the top of the middle version, it
> just showed the GOID, now it shows the file name AND the GO:id.
>
> eg .../ref26/go/ontology/component.ontology/GO:0005570
>
> Except, the full ID at the end of this line doesn't show- it chops of the
> last digit or bit-of even if I expand the middle section. And having the
> full line means I hardly get to see theGO:ID when I have the middle section
> at the normal size.
>
> Any clue as to how I can fix this?

I'm going to release an update this week to put the id and the namespace on
separate lines, and will shorten namespaces loaded with the flat file
adapter. For now, you can right-click any term in the graph, choose "Change
namespace", and rename the long namespaces to something short. (Make sure
that all the namespaces have different names!). Then you should be able to
see the ids easily.

	-John

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org