GO Users Meeting- Registration

Rama Balakrishnan rama at genome.Stanford.EDU
Wed Oct 29 17:12:45 PST 2003

Dear GO users,

Registration is now open for the Gene Ontology Users Meeting to be held
at Stanford University on Jan 15, 2004.

All participants must register.  We encourage you to also submit an
abstract for a poster or oral presentation using the registration form.
  Rooms are available on Stanford Campus but you must reserve a room by
December 14th, see the Information page below.

The registration form is at:

     http://www.geneontology.org/Stanford_GO_Register.html

Information on the meeting can be found at this site:

     http://www.geneontology.org/doc/Stanford_GO_Meeting.html

or by following the link under 'What's New' on the GO home page.

The meeting agenda depends largely on what you, our user community, are
interested learning.  In the past we have scheduled talks and panel
discussions on various aspects of GO.  We would like this upcoming GO
meeting to be as useful to our users and to the GO Consortium as it can
be.  We would like to receive your suggestions.  Please send me an
email if you would like to hear about something in particular or if you
have ideas on workshops, panel discussions, etc.

Some possible ideas are :
1) session of talks on NLP (Natural Language Processing) using GO
vocabulary
2) Applications/Uses of GO for annotation of newly sequenced genomes

If you are interested in hearing about any of these topics, have other
ideas for talks, or would like to give a talk, we would like to hear
from you.

Please email your suggestions to:  rama at genome.stanford.edu

Rama

+-- O---O
          o-o     	Rama Balakrishnan Ph.D
           O       	Scientific Curator, Saccharomyces Genome Database
        o--o      	Department of Genetics,  Room M339
      o---o      	Stanford University
     o----o      	Stanford, CA 94305-5120
   O-----O     	Ph: 650.725.8956
    0----0       	Fax: 650.725.1534