DAG-Edit 1.417 released

John Day-Richter john.richter at aya.yale.edu
Thu Apr 15 23:49:13 PDT 2004

DAG-Edit 1.417 is now available at

	http://soureforge.net/projects/geneontology

This version of DAG-Edit introduces the spell checker plugin. The spell
checker plugin allows you to provide your own dictionary of correctly spelled
words, and when a mispelled word is loaded in the term text editor, it will
appear in red. See the Plugins section of the user guide for more
information.

This version of DAG-Edit also fixes some performance problems on some
platforms (particularly Suns). And users will be pleased to learn that
mousing over a term editor panel no longer causes the panel to be
automatically focused. To focus a term editor panel, you now must either
click it or mouse over it and press Control+F.

Enjoy!

	-John

P.S. To Gene Ontology folks: The spell checker plugin uses a normal
alphabetized text file of words as it's dictionary file. I suggest adding a
standard dictionary to CVS and maintaining it like any other important Gene
Ontology file. The spell checker allows users to add new words to the
dictionary, so if we maintain it in CVS all GO sites can benefit from the
dictionary additions made by other sites.

P.P.S. For Java Programmers who get these emails (if any exist): You may be
wondering how DAG-Edit can be using a key combination (Ctrl+F) to request
keyboard focus for a specific component (the currently mousedover term editor
panel), since the only way the component could even be notified of the
keypress is if it were already focused. This is accomplished through the
magic of the newly developed org.bdgp.swing.KeyRecorder class. The
KeyRecorder class allows you to:
	* attach KeyListeners that receieve EVERY KeyEvent regardless of the focused
component
	* find out what keys are down at any given time

If you need any of this functionality in your own programs, let me know, and
I'd be happy to send you the org.bdgp libraries and a description of how it
works.

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org