[GO friends] email etiquette

David Grant dgrant at iastate.edu
Mon Aug 2 11:11:31 PDT 2004

Colleagues,

I want to make a plea for a descriptive Subject for email sent to
this list. The last one I got was simply labeled Help. Since I didn't
know the sender, this looked a first glance _exactly_ like someone
wanting to give me $1.5M if I would just send them my checking
account number. I usually automatically discard such email but
luckily this time I decided to read it.

PLEASE prepend your email Subject lines with [GO friends] or
something similar and in addition take the time to compose a
descriptive Subject line.

GO webmaster: could something similar be added to the web page that
describes the GO Friends list?

Thanks,
David

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org