Automated EST - GO mapping

Chris Beck cbeck at gene.concordia.ca
Thu Feb 5 12:42:57 PST 2004

Hi,

Our project is using high throughput processes to generate complete
coverage cDNA libraries of several dozen fungal species.  I'm new to the
whole field but I'm hoping that some of you are involved in this whole
high throughput genomics thing as well.

We'd like to automatically associate GO terms with our various fungal
ESTs/Clusters/Contigs using InterProScan and BLAST->SwissProt/TrEMBL dbs
and have 2-way browsing (find ESTs by GO term, find GO terms by EST,
show pretty tables).  I was wondering if any of you had run across
automated processes that can annotate your info.  Obviously running the
sequences against the dbs is straight forward but there are some
interesting decisions to make respecting confidence levels and
conflicting results as well as presentation that have probably been done
before and we're trying to figure out what the best-practices approach
is.  Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Chris

--
Chris Beck / Y.A.B.A. / Fungal Genomics	/ CFSG / Concordia University
"Opinions of bureaucrats do not create wrongs"

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org