DNA sequences batch blast against GO (fwd)

Jane Lomax jane at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Feb 6 02:37:59 PST 2004

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 09:29:17 -0600
From: Xiaoping.Gou-1 <gouxping at ou.edu>
To: go at genome.stanford.edu
Subject: DNA sequences batch blast against GO

Dear GO:

I have more than 1000 ESTs now and I will have more than 10000 ESTs later. I want to annotate and classify them according to GeneOntology. The problem is, although I read almost all the documents on http://www.geneontology.org/, I still can't find a web tool that can be used to do batch DNA sequences query against GO. The AmiGo can be used to do blastX with only one sequence. Whould you please give me some suggestions?

Usually I can convert a FASTA file to a database and BLAST against it locally. But, I just found the go_200401-seqdblite.fasta.gz file at http://www.godatabase.org/dev/database/archive/latest/, from which all IEA associations have been removed. Can I find a fasta file including the IEA assciations?

I have Blasted the seqdblite.fasta and got some blast outputs. But,I am not a computer expert, it is difficulty for me to extract the GO IDs and find the corresponding GO terms to build an ontology of my own sequences. Could you please show me some septs?

Regards,
Xiaoping Gou

gouxping at ou.edu

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org