necessary & sufficient

SLetovsky at aol.com SLetovsky at aol.com
Sat Feb 14 18:19:47 PST 2004

Gofriends,

    Does anyone know of any attempts to define necessary and sufficient
criteria
for GO associations? I am familiar with the attempts to provide rigorous
semantics
for ISA and partof, but I have not seen anything comparable for determining
when it is
correct to say that a term does or does not apply to a gene or protein --
e.g. what
experimental result would suffice to answer the question.

Cheers, -Stan