necessary & sufficient

Michael Ashburner (Genetics) ma11 at gen.cam.ac.uk
Thu Feb 19 04:08:15 PST 2004

The GO group have discussed this at great length on many occassions
and we are agreed that we do not, as a GO Consortium, wish to proliferate
evidence terms.

However, it is quite feasible for any one database to increase the granularity
of their evidence codes, as indeed has been done by TAIR, for their own use.
All that must happen then is for there to be a mapping of these terms
to the accepted GO evidence codes, and for this mapping to occur at the
time gene_association tables are given to the GO site.

Michael

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org