GO Xref Abbs now served by MOBY

Mark Wilkinson markw at illuminae.com
Tue Feb 24 17:33:16 PST 2004

Hi all,

Thanks again for allowing us to take over this list!

Here is the URL that will auto-generate the MOBY Namespace file in the
GO Xref Abbs file format.  Could anyone who depends on this file format
please test the output to ensure that it is correct?

http://mobycentral.cbr.nrc.ca/cgi-bin/XrefAbbs

If everything looks OK I will ask Jennifer to replace the link on the GO
page that is pointing to the existing flatfile, with a link to this
script.

I have just hired a student who will be making the scripts that allow
you to register new namespaces (Xref Abbs) through a web interface.  It
should be done in a few days.  If you need to add a new namespace in the
meantime, please just mail me the details and I'll add it to the
database.

Cheers all!

Mark

--
Mark Wilkinson,
Assistant Professor (Bioinformatics)

tel: (604) 682 2344 ext. 62129
fax: (604) 806 9274

It just goes to show you that SOAP::Lite is more intuitive than
you might think, if you know enough Perl and have the patience
to dive into the source code.
                -Byrne Reese
                -http://builder.com.com/5100-6389_14-1045078-2.html
Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org