[GO] Re: [MOBY] Re: GO Xref Abbs now served by MOBY

Eleanor Whitfield eleanor at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Feb 26 09:16:46 PST 2004

> This looks wrong:
> abbreviation: REMTREMBL
> database:  Computer-annotated protein sequence database containing the
> object: Identifier.
> example: REMTREMBL:CAC01666
>
> should be
>
> abbreviation: REMTREMBL
> database: Computer-annotated protein sequence database containing the
> translations of those codings sequences (CDS) present in the EMBL
> Nucleotide Sequence Database that will not be included in
> SWISS-PROT. These include: immunoglobulins and T-cell receptors,
> synthetic sequences, patent application sequences, small fragments,
> CDS not coding for real proteins and truncated proteins.

I hate to muddy the waters but REMTrEMBL no longer exists.

REM-TrEMBL is no longer being maintained. Instead, sequences which
should not be included in Swiss-Prot/TrEMBL such as patents, synthetic
sequences, etc. can be found in UniParc (UniProt Archive). This is a
non-redundant archive of protein sequences extracted from Swiss-Prot,
TrEMBL, PIR-PSD, EMBL, Ensembl, IPI, PDB, RefSeq, FlyBase, WormBase,
European Patent Office, United States Patent and Trademark Office, and
Japanese Patent Office. For more information on UniParc, see
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/uniparc/.

thanks
Eleanor

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org