[GO] Re: [MOBY] Re: GO Xref Abbs now served by MOBY

Maglott, Donna (NIH/NLM/NCBI) maglott at ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
Thu Feb 26 10:58:58 PST 2004

Although a date has not been set, NCBI plans to replace LocusLink with
Entrez Gene.

The LocusID/URL is still valid:
abbreviation: LocusID
database:  NCBI LocusLink ID.
object: Identifier.
example: LocusID:3195
generic_url: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/
url_example: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80/LocusLink/LocRpt.cgi?l=3195

But this also works and will apply to more genomes:

abbreviation: GeneID
database:  NCBI Entrez Gene.
object: Identifier.
example: GeneID:3195