GO Users Meeting-schedule and details

Rama Balakrishnan rama at genome.Stanford.EDU
Wed Jan 7 15:53:33 PST 2004

Hi all,

Happy New Year!

Here is the schedule for the upcoming GO Users meeting-
http://www.geneontology.org/meeting/Stanford_GO_Program2004.html

For those of you giving a talk, you are welcome to send me your power
point presentation and I will load it on to a laptop here. This will
save time between talks and will give us a chance to confirm that the
slides project.

If you are making a poster, we will provide a poster board (4' x 8'
dimensions) and push pins.

Getting to Palo Alto from the airport-
=====================================
There are several shuttle services that operate from the San Francisco
and San Jose International airports. You can find information about
these services at the following URLs:
For SFO airport-
http://www.flysfo.com/transport/services/gt_tsv_search.asp

For San Jose airport-
http://www.sjc.org/travelers/ground_trans.html

Getting to the Alumni center from your hotel-
====================================
The Alumni center is located at the corner of Campus Drive and Galvez
Street.

Meeting starts at 8:30 am. If you are staying at the SLAC guest house,
there is a free shuttle (SLAC line) that leaves the guest house at 7:50
am and reaches Hoover tower at 8:10 am. The Alumni center is about  2
blocks from Hoover tower.  The next shuttle leaves SLAC at 8:30 am.

Shuttle schedule information can be found here:
http://transportation.stanford.edu/marguerite/MargueriteSched.shtml

If you are taking CALTRAIN, get off at Palo Alto Downtown station and
Stanford's free shuttle (B-Line) can bring you to the Alumni Center
from the train station. The B-line is a loop service. You can take
either the B-line east or west; B-line east takes the shorter route to
the Alumni Center. The B-line schedule is also available in the URL
mentioned above.

If you are driving, please park at the Visitor Parking Lot near the
Track House, located right across from the Alumni Center. The fee to
park in this lot is $12/day. Campus map and other maps are available at:
http://www.stanford.edu/home/visitors/maps.html

The registration fee is $30. Please bring cash or check with you. We
will provide receipts.

We look forward to seeing you all. If you need any other information,
please don't hesitate to write to us.

Cheers,

Rama

+-- O---O
          o-o     	Rama Balakrishnan Ph.D
           O       	Scientific Curator, Saccharomyces Genome Database
        o--o      	Department of Genetics,  Room M339
      o---o      	Stanford University
     o----o      	Stanford, CA 94305-5120
   O-----O     	Ph: 650.725.8956
    0----0       	Fax: 650.725.1534