Uniprot file

Daniel Barrell dbarrell at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Jan 21 03:36:38 PST 2004

Hi Sophie,

gene_association.goa_uniprot.gz contains all species from The UniProt
knowledgebase (TrEMBL/Swiss-Prot/PIR) - 61962 species (see
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/GOA/SPTR_release.html).  You can filter this file
by taxon id if necessary.  The GOA project also provides the following
species specific files:

gene_association.goa_human
gene_association.goa_mouse
gene_association.goa_rat

Information on these can be found here:

ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/databases/GO/goa/UNIPROT/README

Other groups provide model organism database specific files here:

http://www.geneontology.org/GO.current.annotations.shtml

You will notice that the GOA files are also available from this link.
With regard to your question about GO:0005504, could you expand a little
on this?  I'm unsure what you mean.

Regards,

Daniel

--