Accessing Reel Two's Gene Ontology Knowledge Discovery System

Nicko Goncharoff nicko at reeltwo.com
Mon Jan 26 17:00:59 PST 2004

Hi all,

As promised at the last GO Users meeting, below is the link to access Reel
Two's Gene Ontology Knowledge Discovery System (GO-KDS). GO-KDS is a
publicly accessible website in which Reel Two has classified all of Medline
according to the Gene Ontology.

Users can search for abstracts that have been classified according to a
single GO term, or multiple terms. Searches can be performed by entering GO
terms, keywords, or browsing a tree representation of GO.

To gain access, go to www.go-kds.com, and click on the 'Sign-Up' link on the
left side of the page. After entering some basic info, you'll be issued a
cookie that will allow you to access the machine from your computer without
needing to enter in a user name and password (if you access GO KDS from a
different machine, you'll merely need to enter your username and password,
after which a cookie will be assigned to that machine as well).

At the GO Users Meeting, I discussed an interactive version of GO KDS, in
which users are able to submit feedback about the accuracy of
classifications, and also submit their own articles for curation (which the
system would use as training data to learn more about GO terms). Reel Two
has been working with EBI and Flybase on a prototype of the system. For more
information, you can browse through a copy of the presentation I gave at the
GO Users meeting, which should soon be posted along with other presentations
from the meeting on the GO home page. You may also contact me directly.

Nicko
Nicko Goncharoff
Senior Vice President
Reel Two, Inc.