Uniprot file

Hannick, Linda lhannick at tigr.org
Tue Jan 27 09:42:02 PST 2004

Hi Daniel,
Please refer to the line in the GOA table "Current Composition of
Uniprot GOA" (http://www.ebi.ac.uk/GOA/SPTR_release.html) that says:
GO Annotation Source  	        Number of Associations
Number of Distinct Proteins
Manual GO annotation by MGI  	15065  	                           5945

Does this not mean that the number of distinct proteins in GOA that were
manually annotated by MGI is 5945?

Then, on the MGI GOA table
(http://www.ebi.ac.uk/GOA/MOUSE_release.html):

GO Annotation Source           Number of Associations  	Number of
Distinct Proteins
Manual GO annotation by MGI    6679  	                        3002

I do not understand why the number of distinct proteins annotated by MGI
differs in these two sets.  What am I missing?
Thanks,
Linda

Linda I. Hannick, Ph.D.
Bioinformatics Analyst