New release system for DAG-Edit

John Day-Richter john.richter at aya.yale.edu
Mon Jun 7 16:45:01 PDT 2004

Hello, folks. In order to increase the reliability of DAG-Edit in production
use, we're moving to a system that draws a clear line between official,
stable releases and beta releases.

So, from now on, new DAG-Edit versions will appear in sourceforge under the
"DAG-Edit betas" package, with a name like DAG-Edit 1.418-beta5. Once I'm
convinced that a beta version is ready for prime time, it will become an
official release, and will be added to the "DAG-Edit" package with a non-beta
version number (in my previous example, the official release would be simply
DAG-Edit 1.418). DAG-Edit betas will always be downloaded and tested by the
Gene Ontology group at the EBI, and their approval will be the primary means
of deciding that a version is ready to go public.

Anyway, if you want the absolutely newest thing, look in the betas package. If
you want to make sure everyone on your project is using the same,
reasonably-reliable version of DAG-Edit, look in the regular DAG-Edit
package.

	-John

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org