DAG-Edit 1.418-beta5 released

John Day-Richter john.richter at aya.yale.edu
Mon Jun 7 16:51:33 PDT 2004

DAG-Edit 1.418-beta5 is now available. Get it from:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/geneontology

Since this is a beta version, it will be listed under the "DAG-Edit betas"
package.

This version features tons of bug fixes (especially for windows machines) and
features some interesting new features:

* Graph visualization - with the help of AT&T's GraphViz package, the new
Graph Viewer Plugin can render your ontology as a directed graph.

* obodiff - The obodiff script takes two .obo files and does a logical diff on
their contents. This script is actually comparing the content of the
ontologies (not the structure of the files), so should provide MUCH more
useful results than a standard diff.

* obomerge - The obomerge script takes three .obo files (a base file, and then
two changed versions of the base file) and merges those changes into a fourth
file. This is exactly the way the cvs merge works, except that instead of
just merging the text of the files, obomerge does a logical merge based on
the contents of the ontology. This gives much better merge results than a
standard unix merge.

Please let me know if you find any bugs. The quicker I get the bug reports on
a beta version, the quicker I can release a final version.

	-John

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org