Important go-dev Security Patch releases.

Bradley Marshall bradmars at fruitfly.org
Wed Jun 9 19:49:30 PDT 2004

Thanks to a random internet hacker we have become aware of a major AmiGO
security hole that was used to hose our server.

If you have a local AmiGO installation, run, don't walk, to
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=36855&package_id=33201 to
grab one of the new software releases.

AmiGO 1.x users should grab the go-dev-20040609-amigo1.5 release.  AmiGO 2.0
users can either grab the go-dev-20040609-amigo2.0 release or just do a cvs
update.

For AmiGO 1.x users who want to touch their installation as little as possible,
the files of interest are

go-dev/perl-api/GO/CGI/Session.pm
go-dev/perl-api/GO/CGI/Analysis.pm
go-dev/perl-api/GO/CGI/HTML.pm
go-dev/perl-api/GO/IO/HTML.pm

You should be able to replace those 4 files with the versions in the new release
and be OK.

Brad

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org