Drawing GO hierarchical trees

Nigam Shah nigam at psu.edu
Tue Jun 22 07:20:32 PDT 2004

Hi!

Given a list of GO-ids belonging to any one category
(processs,function,component), is there an easy way to draw the (HTML)
hierarchical tree for those terms?

I need to draw a tree (using a perl script) for GO terms deemed
'significant' for a group of genes. We have a local installation of GO to
get the parents of each term and I was wondering if there is a module out
there that would let me draw the trees without reinventing the wheel. I am
sure people must have done this many times before. So if some one can
provide tips/perl code/modules to do that it would be fabulous. Thanks in
advance!

Regards,
Nigam Shah.

Nigam Shah