GO question

Antony Rodriguez ar3 at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Jun 24 13:09:03 PDT 2004

Dear GO members,

I came accross the GO website and wanted to ask you guys a specific
question.

I have a small set of genes from humans (approx 200) and I retrieved
biological processes and molecular functions for each one.  My question
is, how or where do I go to compare the frequency (abundances) for each
category within this group with that of the entire genome as a whole?
For instance if in this set there are 20 out of 200 genes with a
'transport' GO:0006810 biological process and I wanted to determine if
this is unusually high fraction within my sample size as compared to
the total fraction of 'transport' genes in the entire human genome
where would I search for such information?

Thanks for the help,

Antony Rodriguez, Ph.D.
Fellow
Mouse Genomics Team 82