question about GO

Isabelle Janoueix Isabelle.Janoueix at curie.fr
Mon Jun 28 07:50:47 PDT 2004

Hello,

We are interested in using Gene Ontology but we have troubles to
perform the search as we would like. Përhaps, you could help us. We
have a list of about 200 genes and we would like to search for
potential links between these genes such as common cellular function,
conserved functional domains...
Using amiGO, we could get a list of terms for a specific gene but we
try an advanced query with several genes, it does not work : if we
choose the "homo sapiens" database, we get a server error; if we
choose "all databases" it works but we get all the homologs for each
protein in all species and then we have to check only the homo
sapiens proteins, which is quite long if we work with a list of more
than 100 genes !

So, we wonder how to manage with our list of genes ?

We thank you very much in advance for your help and hope an answer soon,

Sincerely,

Isabelle Janoueix

--
Isabelle Janoueix-Lerosey, Ph. D.
Laboratoire de "Pathologie Moléculaire des Cancers"
Email: janoueix at curie.fr

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org