Fwd: Re: [GO] Re: [MOBY] Re: GO Xref Abbs now served by MOBY

Marie-Paule Lefranc lefranc at ligm.igh.cnrs.fr
Sat Mar 6 08:05:31 PST 2004

Bonjour,
To add information to Eleanor's message, all immunoglobulin and T cell
receptor sequences from EMBL/GenBank/DDBJ are in the specialized
IMGT/LIGM-DB (http://imgt.cines.fr) database (80,954 entries in February
2004). IMGT/LIGM-DB used the same accession numbers as EMBL/GenBank/DDBJ.
Best regards
Marie-Paule Lefranc

>Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 17:16:46 +0000
>From: Eleanor Whitfield <eleanor at ebi.ac.uk>
>To: "Michael Ashburner (Genetics)" <ma11 at gen.cam.ac.uk>
>CC: markw at illuminae.com, gofriends at genome.stanford.edu
>Subject: Re: [GO] Re: [MOBY] Re: GO Xref Abbs now served by MOBY
>
> > This looks wrong:
> > abbreviation: REMTREMBL
> > database:  Computer-annotated protein sequence database containing the
> > object: Identifier.
> > example: REMTREMBL:CAC01666
> >
> > should be
> >
> > abbreviation: REMTREMBL
> > database: Computer-annotated protein sequence database containing the
> > translations of those codings sequences (CDS) present in the EMBL
> > Nucleotide Sequence Database that will not be included in
> > SWISS-PROT. These include: immunoglobulins and T-cell receptors,
> > synthetic sequences, patent application sequences, small fragments,
> > CDS not coding for real proteins and truncated proteins.
>
>I hate to muddy the waters but REMTrEMBL no longer exists.
>
>REM-TrEMBL is no longer being maintained. Instead, sequences which
>should not be included in Swiss-Prot/TrEMBL such as patents, synthetic
>sequences, etc. can be found in UniParc (UniProt Archive). This is a
>non-redundant archive of protein sequences extracted from Swiss-Prot,
>TrEMBL, PIR-PSD, EMBL, Ensembl, IPI, PDB, RefSeq, FlyBase, WormBase,
>European Patent Office, United States Patent and Trademark Office, and
>Japanese Patent Office. For more information on UniParc, see
>http://www.ebi.ac.uk/uniparc/.
>
>thanks
>Eleanor
>

>--

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Professor Marie-Paule Lefranc
Senior Member of the Institut Universitaire de France
Chair of Immunogenetics and Immunoinformatics
IMGT Initiator and Coordinator
Université Montpellier II

IMGT, the international ImMunoGeneTics information system®
http://imgt.cines.fr
IMGT, LIGM, IGH, UPR CNRS 1142
141 rue de la Cardonille
34396 Montpellier Cedex 5