help about total number of genes within various genomes

Ranjana Kishore ranjana at its.caltech.edu
Fri Mar 12 08:41:25 PST 2004

Hi Linda,
      I realise that the table I pointed you too does not give the
number of unannotated genes.

Here are the numbers for WormBase: (for the WS120 release)

Total number of genes, C.elegans (predicted): 22,246
Number of genes with at least one GO term (this does not distinguish
between IEA and manual curation)=11,828
Number of  unannotated genes=10,419

--Ranjana Kishore
WormBase