help about total number of genes within various genomes

Victoria Petri vpetri at mcw.edu
Fri Mar 12 11:58:02 PST 2004

Hi Linda,

Here is the count for RGD. As of today, the total number of genes is 6374.
The number of genes with a GO term - both IEA and non-IEA - is 3657 (from
the gene association file). The difference is 2717.
This number is subject to change as new genes are added to the database, new
annotations are being made.

Victoria