help about total number of genes within various genomes

Pascale Gaudet pgaudet at northwestern.edu
Fri Mar 19 08:55:29 PST 2004

Hello,

dictyBase hadn't answered that question yet. We have 14,085 gene
predictions, but we believe that this probably an overestimation. If we are
a bit more stringent to define what is a gene product (at least 70 amino
acids, and a GC content greater than 20%), we then have 12,098 gene
predictions.

There are 5006 genes that have GO annotations (this includes IEA).

Pascale

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org