TIGR database annotations to GO

Gwinn, Michelle L. MLGwinn at tigr.org
Mon Mar 22 12:24:19 PST 2004

Hello Anand,

Currently, TIGR has manual GO annotation for 6 bacterial genomes (V. cholerae, S. oneidensis, B. anthracis, G. sulfurreducens, P. syringae, and C. burnetii) and two eukaryotes (Arabidopsis thaliana, and Trypanosoma brucei). In addition, automated annotation has been done to ESTs from several species and is found in the TIGR Gene index file.

I have not looked at the TIGR data in the GO database and am not familiar with how it is stored in there.  But each association file has source database (for example "TIGR_CMR" for the bacterial data) and NCBI taxon id for the species.  I assume that this is contained in the db as well.

If you have further questions please let me know.

Michelle

--------
Michelle Gwinn
Microbial Annotation