[Go-database] TIGR database annotations to GO

Anand Kumar anand.kumar at ifomis.uni-leipzig.de
Fri Mar 26 08:55:58 PST 2004

Hello Mike,

Thanks for the reference to GOAT. I am aware of the work through the GOA team members.
I think it is a great work and it could be complimentary to some of the quantitative methods. Maybe we should talk more about it, either here or offline.
Also, would you like to present your work at the GO workshop we are organizing. Many senior members of EBI willbe there. If yes, do let me know as soon as you can. We are planning to make a working group to address some issues about GO, one of them will surely be about GO associations. Anita Burgun, Olivier Bodenreider et al have also done this in their own way; we in our own way, and you in your own way. There are overlaps and synergies and we should put it together.
http://ifomis.de/Events/GeneOntology_2004/

Kind Regards,
Anand.

Am Fr 26.03.2004 15:45, Mike Bada <mbada at cs.man.ac.uk> schrieb:

> Hello Anand and GO people,
>
> Here at the University of Manchester, we're working on a project called the
> Gene Ontology Annotation Tool (GOAT), which aims to guide users in the
> annotation of gene products with GO terms by suggesting the GO terms that
> are most likely to be relevant based on the information (other GO terms and
> gene-product type) that the user has already entered for a given gene
> product.  The terms suggested by the tool are mostly determined by relying
> upon a large store of GO-term-to-GO-term associations that we have mined
> from GOA and represented in a description-logic-based formalism.  If you're
> further interested, there will be a GOAT paper appearing in the June issue
> of SIGMOD Record, which will be a special issue on data engineering in the
> life sciences.  Or you can check out the project's Web site at
> http://goat.man.ac.uk (which right now has some outdated information but
> which I'll update over the weekend).
>
> Cheers,
> Mike
>
> At 05:41 PM 3/22/2004 +0100, Anand Kumar wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I am using annotations of TIGR gene products present within the
> >association table of GO to find association between GO terms.
> >Can someone please send me a write-up in few lines which describes which
> >kinds of gene products present within TIGR databases are present within
> >association table of GO database.
> >
> >Is someone doing a related work?
> >
> >Kind Regards,
> >Anand.