DAG-Edit will soon become... OBO-Edit!

John Day-Richter john.richter at aya.yale.edu
Sat Oct 16 17:24:31 PDT 2004

Once the latest beta is approved, DAG-Edit 1.419 will become an official
release. After version 1.419, I'm pleased to announce that DAG-Edit will
receive a new name: OBO-Edit

We've decided to change the name for 2 reasons:

1) DAG-Edit has moved far beyond its humble origins as a tool for editing
Directed Acyclic Graphs, and is much closer to being a full-fledged ontology
editor. We felt it was misleading to continue to have the acronym DAG right
in the application name.

2) DAG-Edit is a horrible name, and we've always hated it.

Version numbers will remain continuous from DAG-Edit to OBO-Edit. So the first
release of OBO-Edit will be something like OBO-Edit 1.500

	-John

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org