Reactome version 11 released

Joshi-Tope, Geeta joshi at cshl.edu
Fri Oct 29 07:45:25 PDT 2004

Dear GO Friends,

We just released Reactome version 11 at http://www.reactome.org. This
release includes modules on Apoptosis and Hemostasis. Apoptosis includes the
Bcl2 inhibitable pathway, death receptor signaling, and BID interactions.
Hemostasis includes platelet activation, plug formation, phospholipase C
signaling, and fibrin clot formation via the extrinsic and common pathways.
The intrinsic pathway for clot formation will be released in later version.

This release has 1549 curated reactions, grouped in 372 pathways, and uses
965 UniProt proteins. When these core reactions were used for electronic
event predictions in rat, mouse, fugu, zebra fish, and chicken, based on
mutual best hits for proteins, we have 6302 reactions grouped in 1617
pathways.

In addition to new data being added to Reactome, we recently made two java
based tools for Reactome data entry available for download; both these are
stand-alone applications. The Author Tool is meant for use by biologists to
input data into Reactome, while the Curator Tool is for use by Reactome
curators to refine and complete author contributions.

Another new Reactome offering for download is the full set of annotated
human reactions in SBML format. Each event page also allows users to
download that event in SBML format with all its components.

As always, we appreciate your feedback and any suggestions for improving
Reactome.

Sincerely
Geeta
On behalf of the Reactome Development Team

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org