Schemas for annotation data

Twigger Simon simont at mcw.edu
Thu Apr 28 09:45:13 PDT 2005

Hi David,

You might also want to have a look at the BioMOBY project
(http://www.biomoby.org) as a way to make GOtcha available via a
webservice API. Whatever route you take,  have a look at Taverna
(http://taverna.sourceforge.net) as a way for users to plug your
service into a bioinformatics workflow tool (works with MOBY and other
SOAP based services).

Simon.

On Apr 28, 2005, at 5:08 AM, David Martin wrote:

> I am keen at some point to put a web services front end on GOtcha, an
> application which provides scored GO term annotation for sequences.
> Rather
> than reinvent the wheel adn add to the tower of Babel, I am looking to
> reuse
> a schema that someone else has already developed for representation of
> such
> results.
>
> I would be grateful if anyone who has been doing such things would
> drop me a
> line with details. Failing that, I'm quite happy to write one, but
> would
> rather fit in with existing work if at all possible.
>
> .d
>
> --
> David Martin PhD
> Post-Genomics and Molecular Interactions Centre
> University of Dundee
> http://www.compbio.dundee.ac.uk/

Simon N. Twigger, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Physiology
Medical College of Wisconsin
8701 Watertown Plank Road,
Milwaukee, WI, USA
tel: 414-456-8802