Schemas for annotation data

Hanqing Xie hanqingx at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 28 21:43:58 PDT 2005

The GO Engine (as in 'Large-Scale Protein Annotation through Gene Ontology'
Genome Research 2002) has GO term annotation for protein sequeces with a
scoring mechnism for data from sequence comparison and textmining.  However
there is no web interface for the annotations.  Please let me know if you need
help on using some of the methods described in the paper.

Han
--- David Martin <david at compbio.dundee.ac.uk> wrote:
> I am keen at some point to put a web services front end on GOtcha, an
> application which provides scored GO term annotation for sequences.  Rather
> than reinvent the wheel adn add to the tower of Babel, I am looking to reuse
> a schema that someone else has already developed for representation of such
> results.
>
> I would be grateful if anyone who has been doing such things would drop me a
> line with details. Failing that, I'm quite happy to write one, but would
> rather fit in with existing work if at all possible.
>
> .d
>
> --
> David Martin PhD
> Post-Genomics and Molecular Interactions Centre
> University of Dundee
> http://www.compbio.dundee.ac.uk/

Hanqing Xie

609-397-3697