A couple comments on http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/reprint/bti565v1

Sorin Draghici sorin at wayne.edu
Wed Aug 3 15:48:37 PDT 2005

Barry,

Thank you for your email. The paper dicusses the tools as they were 8-9
months ago, when we did this work. As you know, publishing paper
involves a certain time lag: submission, review, address any comments,
etc. The publisher does not allow further modifications of the paper at
this time but we have noted your comments and corrections and I will
include them in any future paper on this topic. For the time being, I am
currently working on a book on this topic to be published by Chapman and
Hall/CRC Press. The book is focused on tools for ontological analysis. I
would use this opportunity to inviite you and your collaborators (John
Weinstein, etc) to contribute a chapter about GO Miner and other related
tools you might have developed in this area. This would give you a first
hand opportunity to present the latest and greatest capabilities of your
tools. If you would like to contribute with this chapter, please let me
know and I will give you more details about it.

Best regards,

Sorin

--
Sorin Draghici, Ph.D.

Director of the Bioinformatics Core, Karmanos Cancer Institute

Associate Professor		Tel: (313) 577-5484
Dept. of Computer Science	Fax: (313) 577-6868
Wayne State University
5143 Cass Ave, Room 431 State Hall,
Detroit, MI, 48202
WWW: http://vortex.cs.wayne.edu/Sorin/ (personal)
WWW: http://vortex.cs.wayne.edu/Projects.html (lab)

Check out my recent book: Data Analysis Tools for Microarrays:
http://www.crcpress.com/shopping_cart/products/product_detail.asp?sku=C3154&parent_id=&pc=

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org