Adding to GoSurfer website RE: A couple comments on http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/reprint/bti565v1

Sheng Zhong zhong at Stanford.EDU
Thu Aug 4 09:47:05 PDT 2005

Dear Sorin and Barry,

Thank you for the interesting discussion.

Sorin: I have found your paper very interesting and refreshing to read. If
you allow, I would like to add it onto GoSurfer's website as a reference.

I like your point about the heavily correlated GO structure that complicates
the multiple hypothesis testing issue. Because of this issue, no standard
FDR calculation is valid. We also had an article that extensively discussed
this issue and proposed a treatment that makes valid FDR estimate for every
GO term. Here is a link to this paper:
http://www.stanford.edu/group/wonglab/doc/Zhong_S_GoSurfer2.pdf

I am happy to contribute any materials you need for the book chapter.

Best regards,
Sheng

Sheng Zhong
Assistant Professor

Dept of Bioengineering & Dept of Statistics
http://bioinfor.bioen.uiuc.edu