Info

Alessio Sillo alessio.sillo at unito.it
Fri Jul 8 05:51:20 PDT 2005

Dear Go friends,

I write You because I have performed a microarray experiment using
Dictyostelium discoideum as experimental model.
After having calculated the statistics to select only significant
differentially expressed genes I would like to use GO annotations to
arrange my list of genes into groups.
I would like to do with Dicty genes what EASE
(www.geneontology.org/GO.tools.microarray.shtml#ease) does with human
genes, that is summarizing the predominant biological "theme" of a given
gene list. Given a list of genes resulting from a microarray or other
genome-scale experiment, EASE can rapidly calculate over-representation
statistics for every possible Gene Ontology term with respect to all genes
represented in the data set.

However, I have appreciated that the AmiGO gene ontology classifies Dicty
genes as well by biological process, molecular function and cellular
component.
How can I make a query in AmiGO with my list of differentially expressed
genes? Is there a query webpage where I can put my list of genes and I can
get them arranged in functional groups?

I look forward to hearing from You.

I will accept any suggestion with pleasure and gratitude.

Thanks a lot,

Alessio Sillo
Cell Biology Laboratory
Dept. Clinical and Biological Sciences