Getting more GO annotations by orthology?

Leo J. LEE ljlee at psi.toronto.edu
Thu Jun 2 14:20:01 PDT 2005

Dear all:

We are annotating mouse microarray spots with GO biological process (GO-BP)
annotations and want to recover as many annotations as possible without
adding a lot of spurious ones.  Currently I get GO-BP annotations for about
40% of the probes, and I am wondering if I annotate the probes using
orthologues (of their target genes) from other species (human for example),
will I be able to harvest significantly more GO annotations?  Or since ISS
and IEA evidence codes exist already, is this kind of analysis being done
routinely by the curators?  Please suggest.  Thanks a lot!

-- Leo

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org