Getting more GO annotations by orthology?

jblake at informatics.jax.org jblake at informatics.jax.org
Thu Jun 2 16:08:25 PDT 2005

Hi Leo,

Are your probes tagged to the MGI mouse genes?  or to GOA_mouse GO
annotaiton file?  If so, you would be getting all the GO annotations for
mouse genes. These should include annotations that could be obtained by GO
annotations of human or rat orthologs using ISS or IEA. There has been
extensive work in this regard. If you have information on additional
possible annotations, we would be glad to work with you to incorporate
into the mouse GO annotation set.
ne thing to remember is that a significant portion of mammalian genes have
no GO annotations because nothing, nothing, is known about their molecular
function or biological process.

Judy

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org