the true root of GO

Arne.Muller at sanofi-aventis.com Arne.Muller at sanofi-aventis.com
Tue Mar 1 02:09:05 PST 2005

Dear All,

I'm not cutting edge with the recent GO developments, so I may have missed some important discussion - please forgive me ...  The "historial" root of GO was always "gene_ontology" (GO:0003673) which is now an obsolete term (since when?). What was the reason to change the dummy root of the DAG from 'gene_ontology' to 'all'?

Is this an indication for a trend to incoorperate other independent branches and different kinds of classifications/namespaces (in addition to MF, BC and CC) into GO, and to striclty provide these branches in separate files rather than one file with an artifical dummy root?

	kind regards,

	Arne

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org