searching for unpublished GO-Annotated sequences for application-valuation

Stefan Goetz goetz_stefan at gmx.de
Tue Mar 15 05:12:25 PST 2005

Hello everybody,

we are developing a new GO-Tool which includes gene function
prediction/annotation based on sequence similarities. The evaluation of
prediction power involves the comparison of our annotation resutls with
manually annotated data.

For this purpose we would like to use a set of  manually GO annotated
sequences (nuclein/protein) not yet included in public databases (e.g.
NR from NCBI). By this we try to minmize the problem that the sequences
of the test-set may have influenced the IEA annotation of the sequences
in the search set. We want to stress that our interest is merely the
validation of our tool and not the specific biological meaning of a
particular data set, and that we would treat confidentially any
unpublished data.

We will be very pleased if someone could supply as with such kind of
sequences.

Regards, Stefan Götz

IVIA - BET
Universidad Politecnica de Valencia