searching for unpublished GO-Annotated sequences for application-valuation

zehetner at molgen.mpg.de zehetner at molgen.mpg.de
Tue Mar 15 06:08:31 PST 2005

Hallo Stefan,

I have developed an annotation prediction system which is based on a modified
OntoBlast tool (OntoBlast function: from sequence similarities directly to
potential functional annotations by ontology terms, Nucleic Acids Research,
2003, Vol. 31, No. 13, pp 3799-3803) and a prototype implementation for malaria
species (Anopheles and Plasmodium) can be found at http://malariabase.org/
This predicts many not yet available functional annotations (using GO terms) for
genes from these species. Although they are not manually but computationally
derived, those with low weighting numbers (< 1.0e-100) are in general very
reliable. You are welcome to use them to evaluate your system if you wish.

Best wishes,
Günther Zehetner

MPI for Molecular Genetics, Berlin

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org