java package for GO

Sorin Draghici sorin at wayne.edu
Mon May 9 12:05:17 PDT 2005

John,

Please have a look at Onto-Express at:

http://vortex.cs.wayne.edu/Projects.html

All papers describing the Onto-Tools can be downloaded from:

http://vortex.cs.wayne.edu/publications.htm

Onto-Express also has an API that would allow you to query our database
and  get the results from any of your programs.

If you have any questions, or suggestions for improvements or new
features, do let us know.

Regards,

Sorin

Jane Lomax wrote:

>Hi John,
>
>Both GoMiner and Onto-Express fit the bill, although the Onto- tools are
>all web-based Java applets while GoMiner is a stand-alone Java tool. Both
>allow you to filter by species, including human.
>
>There are probably others that I'm less familiar with too, check the GO
>tools expression analysis page:
>
>http://www.geneontology.org/GO.tools.microarray.shtml
>
>thanks,
>
>Jane Lomax
>GO editorial office
>

>On Wed, 4 May 2005, John Wang wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>I am wondering if there is any java package that can take a gene list
>>and return significant GO terms, especially for human.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>John
>>

>>--
>>

>--

Sorin Draghici, Ph.D.

Director of the Bioinformatics Core, Karmanos Cancer Institute

Associate Professor		Tel: (313) 577-5484
Dept. of Computer Science	Fax: (313) 577-6868
Wayne State University
5143 Cass Ave, Room 431 State Hall,
Detroit, MI, 48202
WWW: http://vortex.cs.wayne.edu/Sorin/ (personal)
WWW: http://vortex.cs.wayne.edu/Projects.html (lab)

Check out my recent book: Data Analysis Tools for Microarrays:
http://www.crcpress.com/shopping_cart/products/product_detail.asp?sku=C3154&parent_id=&pc=