ADH1A question

Mike Cherry cherry at genome.Stanford.EDU
Thu May 12 16:53:18 PDT 2005

Joanne,

GeneCards is getting the Gene Ontology annotations for human genes from
the information provided by the GOA project at UniProt see:

   http://www.geneontology.org/gene-associations/readme/goa.README
     or
   http://www.ebi.ac.uk/GOA/

The AmiGO tool uses information provided by the many members of the
Gene Ontology Consortium.  The GeneCards site is a massive collection
of information on human genes and they are putting a lot of disparate
information together.  If you look on the GeneCards page for
"UniProt/Swiss-Prot" you'll find the protein sequence entry that was
annotated by the GOA project.  In your example, its ADHA_HUMAN
(accession number P07327).  You'll find the annotations in AmiGO if you
search for ADHA_HUMAN using the Gene Symbol/Name search.

-Mike

P.S.  By the way the copy of genecards you are using is 15 months old.
I doesn't appear to be an official mirror site for GeneCards.  You
might like to use another site, one that at least has the latest copy
of the GeneCards information.  You can find GeneCards mirrors at:

   http://bioinformatics.weizmann.ac.il/cards/mirror.shtml

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org