Web-browser friendly batch GO list searching? (fwd)

Jane Lomax jane at ebi.ac.uk
Wed May 18 03:30:34 PDT 2005

Can anybody help?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 11:39:41 -0400
From: James Bennett <bennej02 at endeavor.med.nyu.edu>
To: go at genome.stanford.edu
Subject: Web-browser friendly batch GO list searching?

Hi

I'm looking for a program that will accept a large list of GO terms (~1000)
and return corresponding parent (or even grandparent) GO terms.  I have
looked at the tools available at the GO website, and this tool appears to be
available, but not in a web-browser friendly format (I don't perl or how to
run programs locally on my computer).  I have been able to use AmiGO, but
this only works for 1 GO at a time.

The reason for this request:  I have a long list of genes , and I'd like to
create a pie-chart style diagram that shows what percent are transcription
factors, catalytic molecules, etc.  I currently have a very detailed GO term
list (for molecular function GOs), but the level of detail is too much.
E.g. I want to know what percent of my genes are catalytic, not what percent
are carbamoyl phosphate ligases.

Thanks
James Bennett
Skirball Institute