Information from BioBase

Evelyn Camon camon at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Nov 17 05:17:34 PST 2005

Dear GO friends

I have been requested by Katya to post the following comment regarding
Proteome Inc GO annotation to the GO friends mailing list.

Thanks
Evelyn

GOA Coordinator
InterPro team

Hello Evelyn,

I am writing to follow up on your recent post on the GO Friends mailing
list, which I pasted below. I would like to present clarification
regarding incorrect Proteome data.

Proteome provided curation for about 10000 human proteins to NCBI in
2000. This information is now owned by NCBI, not by us. It has not been
updated to reflect the current state of knowledge since then. Human
KATNB1 is one of those proteins. Therefore, the data on the page is over
5 years old. We do care about correctness of information not only in our
databases but also in public resources. That is why one of our editors
alerted Entrez Gene to this incorrect entry on their Human KATNB1 page.

I would really appreciate if you could pass this information on to the
GO Friends list.

Please let me know if you need additional information or have any questions.

Regards,

Katya

Katya Mantrova, MD, PhD
Manager of Academic Relations
Biobase Corporation               100 Cummings Center, Suite 420B
  Beverly, MA  01915 Phone:  978-816-0244
Fax: 978-922-3971
Email: eym at proteome.com
www.biobase-international.com