[Go-database] Question about tree structure occurrences

chris mungall cjm at fruitfly.org
Fri Nov 25 09:27:19 PST 2005

Hi Alberto

For 1, yes, it is possible, and such structures do exist in GO. Try
this:

SELECT DISTINCT
  x.term1_id,
  y.term1_id,
  x.term2_id,
  y.term2_id
FROM
  term2term AS x,               -- vertical, left
  term2term AS y,               -- vertical, right
  term2term AS a,               -- diagonal, lower left to upper right
  term2term AS b                -- diagonal, lower right to upper left
WHERE
  x.term1_id = b.term1_id       AND
  y.term1_id = a.term1_id       AND

  x.term2_id = a.term2_id       AND
  y.term2_id = b.term2_id       AND

x.term1_id != y.term1_id       AND          -- change to < to avoid
reporting symmetries
x.term2_id != y.term2_id;

I'll leave it to you to extrapolate this to 2

Problems with the list?           E-mail: owner-gofriends at geneontology.org
Subscribing   send   "subscribe"   to   gofriends-request at geneontology.org